Why do we need your help?
Living Green needs help both to raise awareness of the cause and to raise funds. Living Green Volunteer Ambassadors play a vital role in representing the organization at local events and functions, speaking about our work and the importance of the funds our supporters raise.
What will I be doing?
This is a varied role and you could do one, or all, of the following activities:
- Run fundraising campaigns to raise fund to support the work of Living Green. You can raise fund through an online campaign, organizing a fundraising event, or fundraising at your local church.
- Helping to recruit other supporters for Living Green .
- Promoting our Child Sponsorship program.
- Identifying and developing potential fundraising opportunities in the local community.
- Distributing promotional materials to interested people.
- Inspiring others to hold fundraising events to support the work of Living Green.
- Helping to promote our special appeals.
- Praying for the work of Living Green
- Raise awareness about Living Green Cameroon and our work through talking to friends and family and on social media.
Fundraising and Support
This is a varied role and you could do one, or all, of the following project/activities:
>> Need for orphans and vulnerable children (OVCs)
>> The Sport Project
>> Early child Education
>> The Clean Water Project
>> Close The Gab (Empowering Young People With Disabilities)
>> Tacking HIV
>> Tacking Malaria
>> Promoting Personal Hygiene in Prison
>> Person Hygiene Workshop for OVCs
>> Sponsor Event for Kids (Day of the African Child, Christmas Party for OVCs)
What skills/experience do I need?
- Confident public speaker with excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Reliable and professional demeanour
- A personal and friendly manner
- Flexibility to be called upon when needed
- An ability to use your own initiative and to work unsupervised
How much of my time would you like?
This is a flexible role and the times is only determine by that much efforts you putting to meet a particular target.
How will I be trained and supported?
- You educate you self about our work or the particular cause you will to supports on our website. You can also request for more information of need be.
- You will have a member of staff as a named contact who will support you and answer any queries you have
- You will be given any equipment and information necessary to carry out your role. This also includes an official email address.
What can I gain from volunteering with you?
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to the lives of those affected HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Waterborne/Water related diseases, malnutrition etc.
- Utilizing your existing skills as well as developing and learning new ones
- Living Green Cameroon will act as a referee for you after successful completion of your role.
Where will I be based?
This role will be based within your local area (Country), with the option to attend events further afield should you wish to. This also includes creating links with people or organization in other counties to support the work of Living Green Cameroon.
How do I apply?
Contact Kamga Favour, Volunteer guide, on +237 2431 48420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Living Green Cameroon, Commonwealth Avenue Kumba, Po Box 444, Kumba, Cameroon.
Meet L G C Ambassadors
John FonangCharity Ambassador